Having a social media account for your business is one thing, but keeping up with creating engaging content is another. It can be hard to juggle this day-to-day alongside running your business. Here are our top tips to keep in mind when creating content:
1. Understand what your followers want. Is the content that you’re posting what they’re after? Does it appeal to them?
2. Ensure your content isn’t just self-promotion. We all love a bit of ‘look what we did!’ but after a while, it can get a bit samey for your followers. Mix it up a bit and make sure you are sharing content that will benefit them, for example, a ‘tip of the day’, or maybe something comical.
3. Infographics! This is typically the first thing your followers will see, so you need to make sure it’s eye-catching and engaging. Ensure it fits with your branding and your colour scheme for your business and page.
4. Captions – make them engaging. Instagram doesn’t actually have an ‘optimal caption length’ as such, so you can write as little or as much as you like. Despite this, Facebook does – and it’s ‘the shorter the better’. Make sure you include hashtags, too! You can do some light research on what’s currently trending in your industry; that way, you can be sure that potential clients can find your content easily. On Instagram, you can include up to 30 hashtags per post, so make sure you utilise this!
5. Customer case studies. These can be really helpful and can act as a less obvious way to self-promote your business. Let your previous clients praise you with a quote, or post photos from the work that you’ve completed for them. As the quote goes, a picture speaks a thousand words.
6. Grammar. This is a given, but you’d be surprised how much a spelling mistake or poor grammer can put off potential clients.
7. And finally, include a call to action. Something like this: if you’d like more information on how we can support you with your social media channels, email us at ???????? email@example.com or visit www.codaxdigital.com ????????